Human-centered Experience Designer with over 6 years of experience collaborating at agencies and product teams. My expertise in design research, design thinking, and empathy-driven design can help teams uncover the true purpose of brands to create meaningful moments centered around human needs and expectations.
Key Wins & Initiatives
The Food Effect at SXSW, Land O’Lakes Inc. – The brand’s first experiential activation at SXSW explored hot topics on food and agriculture, welcoming 8,137 attendees over four days,120 million earned impressions, and named by ADWEEK as one of the most impressive activations. We shifted brand perceptions, with 83% of a sampling of attendees seeing Land O’Lakes, Inc. as a forward thinking company. Our success in 2018 resulted in securing another activation of similar scale in 2019.
Forage Genetics International Alexa Skill – collaborated with copywriter and creative technologist to create the agency’s first Alexa Skill, nominated for a Creative Media Award and differentiating the brand in a valuable way.
Cub Cadet – provided business case for client marketing team to convince other internal stakeholders the need to invest in digital resources and a new website by leveraging usability and search performance tied to ROI. Trusted consultant and authority on UX and Design for new site implementation.
Senior UX Designer
Colle McVoy / 06.2018 – Present / Minneapolis, MN
Colle McVoy is a full-service creative agency that helps brands define their purpose and bring it to life in their products, services, communications, and experiences.
- Co-leading creative teams and facilitated critiques for large-scale projects.
- Primary UX & Design consultant for re-platform of global websites, providing data-informed information architecture and acting as an advocate for the brand.
- Helping build new capabilities to expand service offerings.
- Co-presenting prototypes and innovative inspiration to C-suite clients.
Brands: Target, Cub Cadet, Align Technology, Land O’Lakes Inc., WinField United.
Colle McVoy / 04.2016 – 06.2018 / Minneapolis, MN
- Created wireframes, sitemaps, taxonomies and interaction design for websites and emails.
- Created strategic documents that uncover brand problems for clients and set an objective direction forward.
- Applied UX principles to physical experiential activations, an Alexa Skill, and business information architecture.
Brands: Cub Cadet, Align Technology, Land O’Lakes Inc., WinField United, Forage Genetics InternationalUX Architect
AIMIA / 11.2015 – 04.2016 / Minneapolis, MN
AIMIA specializes in customer loyalty programs for a wide range of clients, providing end-to-end services.
- Wireframed consumer-facing loyalty websites that balance user needs with business objectives, accommodating platform requirements.
- Presented UX documents to clients and internal teams, working closely with creative and development teams to deliver on objectives.
Brands: Nature’s Bounty Vitamins
McCann Minneapolis / 08.2014 – 11.2015 / Minneapolis, MN
Our nimble team was embedded in the client’s office most of the week and responsible for the UX and Design of several General Mills’ owned channels.
- Worked directly with clients, designers, and developers to successfully implement interaction improvements to existing owned platforms with millions of users.
- Wrote scenarios based on user data to help inform new page design and built high-fidelity prototypes for usability testing.
- Created form field, UX principle, and registration flow guidelines that became references for design and development teams.
- Helped create videos or prototypes to communicate animations to development team.
Brands: Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Que Rica Vida
Product Design Co-op
IBM / 05.2013– 08.2013 / Raleigh-Durham, NC
Our team was responsible for UX and Design on several of IBM’s B2B software solutions. The co-op program allowed you to work on the product and be fully embedded in the product design process.
- Designed new photo gallery feature for IBM’s Connections product.
- Took solution from sketches to a high-fidelity prototype used for informal user testing.
- Worked directly with Android and iOS developers to solve for platform constraints and successfully add feature to production code.
Catral Doyle Creative Co. / 12.2011 – 07.2012 / Milwaukee, WI
A small, boutique agency with mostly local clients that offers a range of design and marketing services.
- Designed and coded WordPress websites.
- Production designer for logos, and supporting identity materials.
- Created information architecture for ecommerce websites.
Teaching & Leadership Experience
Teaching Assistant, Graphic Design Capstone Studio
North Carolina State University / 01.2014 – 05.2015 / Raleigh, NC
Graphic Design Capstone Studio is the final semester for undergraduate seniors, taught by Professor Denise Gonzales Crisp. I helped guide students in developing a professional presence, creating their final Capstone project, and assisted with critiques.
Graduate Symposium Leader
North Carolina State University / 01.2014 / Raleigh, NC
The Master of Graphic Design (MGD) program at NC State hosts a biennial symposium in which we invite design grad students throughout the nation to participate in workshops, speaking engagements, and learn what other colleagues in the space are working on. My role was to manage the event, delegate tasks to peers, facilitate location logistics, and organize all of the event details. Representatives from four other universities attended and we received positive feedback from all attendees.
Kettle Moraine Middle School / 01.3.2014 / Dousman, WI
Invited to lecture young students embarking on an editorial writing project including elements of design. I presented a brief history of graphic design and explained importance of page layout and hierarchy for a viewer’s reading experience.
Design Camp Instructor – Graphic Design
CAM Raleigh / 07.22.2013 – 07.26.2013 / Raleigh, NC
Design Camp is a unique experience that offers hands-on exposure to different areas of design for high school students including graphic design, industrial design, landscape architecture, design studies, and animation. I collaborated with peers to design course materials and a paper prototyping project.
Guest Discussion Leader
Young Tongues by Nate Pyper / 07.2012 / Milwaukee, WI
Young Tongues was a format for critical discussion about the influences and effects of culture on graphic design and designers. The discussion I led was focused on the changes in the field related to social media.
North Carolina State University
Master of Graphic Design, May 2014
Thesis: Connected Anxieties of the Sharing Culture
Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
BFA in Communication Design, May 2011
Dean’s List 2008, 2009, 2010
Portfolio Recognition Scholarship 2008–2011
Juried Exhibition Exhibitor May 2011-July 2011
Awards & Honors
2018 NAMA Regional First Place award
2018 Adweek feature for The Food Effect
2017 Creative Media Awards finalist
2014 Faculty Award for Academic Excellence at NC State